Wounded Warrior Project’s (WWP) Warriors to Work Specialist assists with all aspects of the Warriors to Work (WtoW) program and is responsible for providing career guidance to warriors as they seek meaningful career opportunities. In this position the Warriors to Work Specialist will align work activities to result in employment opportunities and placements for WWP Alumni and family members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to Alumni on career development, resume building, interview skills, and career development and placement
- Work effectively with Alumni to better understand and develop career goals
- Provide advice, support, and direction to Alumni to help achieve career goals
- Use employment recruitment strategies to provide employment opportunities to WWP Alumni and family members
- Track and report all warrior career-related interactions and outcomes through the CRM
- Work closely with employers interested in hiring warriors
- Identify career opportunities, overcome warrior barriers to employment, and manage warrior expectations
- Communicate accurately in a timely manner to all internal and external stakeholders, including presentations to appropriate audiences
- Enhance alumni awareness of Economic Empowerment and enrollment into Warriors to Work through program collaboration
- Provide “after placement” follow-up services at 30d, 60d, 90d, 180d, 12m, and 24m with employers.
- Other related duties as assigned